Island Nature Trust is dedicated to the protection of Natural Areas on Prince Edward Island
since 1979 for the benefit of Islanders and wildlife
A protected Island is:
A place where people and wildlife can thrive together
In protecting nature, we are also protecting ourselves.
Nature sustains our quality of life, but it needs a little help to keep giving and growing.
An ecologically diverse home that gives
We rely on natural areas for clean water, fresh air, healthy soils, and dense forests.
Their ecosystems absorb carbon and act as natural buffers against oncoming climate impacts, making them our best defence against climate change.
We protect our natural areas in perpetuity so you and your children can enjoy them for years to come.
The gift of nature to future generations is an epic tale you can be a part of.
A Bird’s-eye View: Lands Protected
Thanks To Your Cash Donations
PEI is fragmented.
Help us stitch back together nature’s patches to imagine a reconnected and diverse home.
How you can help:
Everyone needs nature, now more than ever.
YOUR DONATION TRIPLED!
Donate today to help us secure a network of
natural areas for the benefit of Islanders and wildlife.
Support natural areas with INT membership. Join today and help protect wildlife at the places in our care, for everyone, for ever.
Guardians are our eyes and ears on the ground in our natural areas.
They keep our stewardship mission alive.
An Island Home
Prince Edward Island (Canada) is Island Nature Trust’s home and we cherish the land, water and wildlife that make it so special. We are the Island’s first and oldest private land trust, working since 1979 to protect land in PEI and manage it responsibly. Our staff, volunteers and supporters are the life blood of our organization. Read on to learn about the people, motivations and goals of the team behind INT.
Ways to give
There are many ways you can help Island Nature Trust achieve great things! We are grateful for donations of land, cash or securities. We accept sponsorships from corporations who practice strong social responsibility. You can also become a member, purchase and wear our awesome merch, spread the word about the work we do and volunteer your energy and time in a multitude of ways.
Protecting Our Future
PEI’s population is growing and our rural landscapes are changing. Now more than ever there is a great need for Islanders to work together to protect the natural assets we love while ensuring we support a sustainable way of life for Islanders. Island Nature Trust invites you to join us in working to protect the Island’s natural spaces, both for our children and the diversity of wildlife that live here.
Passport To Nature
Our Natural Areas
- Fluttery new beer launched by Lone Oak Brewery in partnership with INT aims to raise awareness for the endangered Monarch butterflyOn Thursday, July 21, 2022, the International Union for the Conservation of Nature announced that the Monarch butterfly has been place on the international endangered list. Coincidentally, Lone Oak Brewery in partnership with Island Nature Trust are today launching a […]
- Island Nature Trust showcases never-before-seen drone footage of recently acquired natural areasTo celebrate the record-breaking success of last years Saving Our Island campaign, the Trust is launching a series of short videos revealing a birds-eye view and first glimpse of the natural areas acquired in 2021. The purchase of these ecologically […]
- MacKay Family Donates 268 Acre Lowland Forest and Wetland to Add a PatchLast year, five parcels were donated to the Add a Patch campaign to be protected in perpetuity. The largest of these properties was donated by the MacKay family in 2021 – sitting next to Strang Road in Haliburton, Prince County […]
- Private Steward Jeanne MakiJeanne Maki is one of the private land stewards that has taken the safekeeping of PEI’s natural areas into her own hands. Jeanne protected two forested properties in 2019 under the PEI Natural Areas Protection Act, the 40.5-acre Page and Maki Natural Area […]
- Islanders & INT conservation partners team up to successfully raise $600K for natural area protection in PEIFutures Protected: Island Nature Trust announces first major campaign fundraising success as conservation partners quadruple donations from Islanders
- Island Nature Trust protects land and wildlife with donation from PEI liquor storesA five-year agreement with PEI Liquor Control Commission and partnering suppliers, has helped the Trust acquire natural areas in Alexandra and significantly accelerated its protection program.
Be the first to know about
future events, news and