Dedicated to the protection of Natural Areas on Prince Edward Island since 1979
Here is how you can help:
Support natural areas with INT membership. Join today and help protect wildlife at the places in our care, for everyone, for ever.
Guardians are our eyes and ears on the ground in our natural areas.
They keep our stewardship mission alive.
Giving back to our supporters in meaningful ways. Connect to our community and tap into resources exclusive to members & volunteers.
Everyone needs nature, now more than ever. Donate today and you could help people & nature to thrive at the places we care for.
An Island Home
Prince Edward Island (Canada) is Island Nature Trust’s home and we cherish the land, water and wildlife that make it so special. We are the Island’s first and oldest private land trust, working since 1979 to protect land in PEI and manage it responsibly. Our staff, volunteers and supporters are the life blood of our organization. Read on to learn about the people, motivations and goals of the team behind INT.
Protecting Our Future
PEI’s population is growing and our rural landscapes are changing. Now more than ever there is a great need for Islanders to work together to protect the natural assets we love while ensuring we support a sustainable way of life for Islanders. Island Nature Trust invites you to join us in working to protect the Island’s natural spaces, both for our children and the diversity of wildlife that live here.
Ways to give
There are many ways you can help Island Nature Trust achieve great things! We are grateful for donations of land, cash or securities. We accept sponsorships from corporations who practice strong social responsibility. You can also become a member, purchase and wear our awesome t-shirts, spread the word about the work we do and volunteer your energy and time in a multitude of ways.
Recent Lands Saved
Our Natural Areas
Latest Conservation News
- Job Opportunity: Fund Development CoordinatorClosing Date: June 18th
- Island Nature Trust secures significant carbon sink in its largest single acquisition to date136 hectare (337 acre) property in Forest Hill contributes to a sizeable unfragmented block of rich lowland forest in PEI and is home to C02 absorbing fen peatland – a natural combatant against global warming
- Trail Code of CareHere at the Trust, we are ready to greet the long-awaited arrival of summer and we welcome you to venture out to one of natural areas. While we understand people’s need to immerse themselves in the natural environment, it is crucial to do so while being mindful of our responsibilities to Island wildlife. Please read, […]
- Volunteering as a Beach Guardian – online orientationINT is presenting an online seminar to teach volunteers how to help protect vulnerable coastal bird species
- INT is celebrating spring by teaming up with PEI liquor stores for the ‘Let’s Protect Our Island’ campaignAfter a one-year hiatus due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the ‘Lets Protect Our Island’ collaboration between Island Nature Trust and the PEI Liquor Control Commission is now entering its fifth year. The campaign running from April 1st to May 18th with participating suppliers of beer, wine and spirits donating up to $1 from their sales […]