Dedicated to the protection of Natural Areas on Prince Edward Island since 1979
Here is how you can help:
Everyone needs nature, now more than ever. Donate today and you could help people & nature to thrive at the places we care for.
Support natural areas with INT membership. Join today and help protect wildlife at the places in our care, for everyone, for ever.
Guardians are our eyes and ears on the ground in our natural areas.
They keep our stewardship mission alive.
Giving back to our supporters in meaningful ways. Connect to our community and tap into resources exclusive to members & volunteers.
An Island Home
Prince Edward Island (Canada) is Island Nature Trust’s home and we cherish the land, water and wildlife that make it so special. We are the Island’s first and oldest private land trust, working since 1979 to protect land in PEI and manage it responsibly. Our staff, volunteers and supporters are the life blood of our organization. Read on to learn about the people, motivations and goals of the team behind INT.
Protecting Our Future
PEI’s population is growing and our rural landscapes are changing. Now more than ever there is a great need for Islanders to work together to protect the natural assets we love while ensuring we support a sustainable way of life for Islanders. Island Nature Trust invites you to join us in working to protect the Island’s natural spaces, both for our children and the diversity of wildlife that live here.
Ways to give
There are many ways you can help Island Nature Trust achieve great things! We are grateful for donations of land, cash or securities. We accept sponsorships from corporations who practice strong social responsibility. You can also become a member, purchase and wear our awesome t-shirts, spread the word about the work we do and volunteer your energy and time in a multitude of ways.
Passport To Nature
Recent Lands Saved
Our Natural Areas
Latest Conservation News
- Our Summer Newsletter is Now Available!
- Donor Profile: Phillips Agri ServicesIsland Nature Trust is enormously grateful for the long-term partnership with Phillips Agri Services. What started as selling bags of bird seed on the back of a truck has evolved to become an all-year round fundraising alliance.
- An Introduction to Ecosystem ServicesBy Janell Smith What are ecosystem services and why are they important? Ecosystem services are the benefits that nature provides to humans and are often categorized into provisioning, regulating, supporting and cultural. You may be most familiar with provisioning ecosystem services – including food from forests, fields, and oceans; lumber for timber and firewood; drinking […]
- Job Opportunity: Fund Development CoordinatorClosing Date: June 18th
- Island Nature Trust secures significant carbon sink in its largest single acquisition to date136 hectare (337 acre) property in Forest Hill contributes to a sizeable unfragmented block of rich lowland forest in PEI and is home to C02 absorbing fen peatland – a natural combatant against global warming